When we first started the company almost 3 years ago, we wanted to shake up what was currently being sold as a tea detox or "teatox".
This is what we knew:
Knowing everything we know as medical professionals we set out to create a legit product that helped people feel good about themselves by:
- That laxative overuse was unhealthy, and that throwing senna around like confetti wasn't safe
- That no one should be telling you that you can loose 5-10 pounds in 14 days, ESPECIALLY without changing a single lifestyle factor
- That showing fake before and after pictures would fool some people, but most people would see through them (or at least we hoped)
- That people needed to stop associating being "skinny" with being "healthy"
- Using medicinal herbs that actually targeted the organs they are supposed to target (i.e. detoxification organs) and avoiding laxatives
- Educating customers on how they should be looking at a detox program to help them "hit the rest button" in order to regain control of their health... not a quick fix for unhealthy weight loss
- Writing a detox handbook that teaches customers about lifestyle changes that can help further improve detoxification and how to make manageable healthy changes that are sustainable
SO instead of fake 2D before and after pictures to look at results, we decided to ask 7 awesome (and very real) people to complete our 14 day Teatox program. We interviewed them before and after... completely off script.
Meet (in order): Jaclyn, Ruth, Moira, Graham, Tiffany, Ege, and Christine.
Here's what they had to say:
We even dug deeper and interviewed them on how they felt about social media, what health, beauty and confidence means to them, and what they found most challenging during their program. Stay tuned and I'll be rolling out the video mini-series in upcoming posts!
Questions? Comments? Collaboration ideas? Let's chat!