Mānuka honey is prized the world over for being a delicious and powerful natural health food that is:
Antibacterial Anti-inflammatory Immune boosting Digestive issue support Wound healing Skin beautifying & moisturizing Certified UMF 10+ (MGO 260)
Produced from a broad mix of regions, UMF® 10+ delivers higher levels of purity than lower-rated products while also not being over powering.
This is an ideal honey for everyday use or those people who are consuming Manuka Honey for the first time.
Why Manuka Honey? Nature's Liquid Gold
Produced in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the Manuka bush (hence the name!), Manuka honey is one of the most unique and powerful forms of honey in the world.
The wide variety of health benefits Manuka has honey ranges from healing sore throats and digestive illnesses, to curing Staph infections and gingivitis, to wound healing and skin beautifying!
How To Choose The Best Manuka - UMF Over Pollen
What makes Manuka honey different from regular honey is its unique concentration of enzymes that include hydrogen peroxide, methylglyoxal (MGO) and dihydroxyacetone that create it's antibacterial and medicinal properties.
It's important to note that it's the enzymes like methylglyoxl that make manuka medicinal, not manuka pollen.
UMF® levels vary based on the concentration of MGO or Manuka-ness, with levels between 5+ and 15+ being the most common. UMF 10+ has a moderate to higher level of antibacterial properties and this UMF® 10+ Manuka Honey is an excellent mid-range product and a very popular everyday honey.
Our Manuka is sourced from carefully-selected beekeepers throughout New Zealand where it's tested to meet strict ‘ Unique Mānuka Factor’ or UMF ratings to assure the purity and quality of our New Zealand Mānuka honey.
UMF® Manuka comes in a range of UMF levels from 5+ through to 25+ where UMF
This smooth, dark and intense honey has complex caramel and toffee flavours, as well as hints of coffee, coconut and hazelnut.
Directions: Oral / Ingested:
Topically / On the skin:
- Enjoy a small spoonful of manuka honey alone to help soothe a sore throat or help soothe digestive complaints and sore, irritated tissues.
- You can also enjoy it with your favourite foods and drinks... like tea!
- Remember to add the Manuka after the temperature has cooled to try and preserve all active properties.
- Dab a small amount of Manuka on minor scrapes, cuts, and burns to help reduce scarring, speed healing, and prevent infection
- Use as a cleanser with warm water or as a face mask to help combat acne, acne scarring, and to moisturize skin for a healthy glow.
** To maintain premium condition and taste, store below 20°C in a dry area and avoid direct sunlight.